You probably know collagen for its beneficial properties for the skin. But do you know all the health benefits?
Why you should buy collagen.
Esta proteína es la proteína más abundante y más vital para tu cuerpo. Prácticamente constituye el 30% de todas tus proteínas.
The body is designed to produce it when it receives all the nutrients it needs. However, this capacity begins to decline with age. Around the age of 35, its production begins to decline. Once you reach the age of 40, collagen decreases faster than the body can produce it. By age 60, more than half of this protein will disappear.
It is not only age that decreases their production, too:
- a diet low in nutrients and vitamins;
- cigarette smoke;
- excessive sun exposure;
The decrease in collagen production is manifested by a loss of elasticity of the tissues where it is produced, both skin and joints.
The good news is that you can take supplements to slow down this process.
Clearer, smoother and wrinkle-free skin.
Collagen is known to keep the skin young. This is because it is an essential component of the skin, as if it were its structure.
With age, collagen production slows down and cellular structures weaken. The skin becomes thinner, tends to sag and loses firmness. Finally, the signs of aging appear: wrinkles, expression lines, varied flaccidity, altered oval and loss of volume.
The much feared skin aging is at the basis not only of a qualitative and aesthetic deterioration of the skin, but also of numerous associated pathologies.
In an aged skin it is possible to observe:
- Alterations in the pH of the skin;
- Quantitative and qualitative alterations of sebum;
- Loss of skin elasticity;
- Loss of hydration and skin tone;
- Appearance of spots on the skin;
- Appearance of furrows and wrinkles.
collagen is used for more than just keeping skin young.
In fact, it is necessary for the proper functioning of cells, organs, muscles and tissues.
- Increases skin elasticity and smoothness and visibly younger-looking appearance
- Promotes healthy joint function.
- Reduces inflammation throughout the body.
- Repairing the intestinal barrier
- Helps prevent Alzheimer’s disease and supports memory.
- Helps reduce cholesterol levels and supports heart health.
- Increases bone density and keeps bones strong.
- Detoxifies the body and supports the liver.
Supplements of this protein serve to improve its synthesis, including the skin, thus restoring proper dermatological quality.
Effectiveness and Benefits of Collagen Skin Supplements
The efficacy of oral supplementation has been demonstrated by numerous studies, both experimental and clinical.
From a careful examination of the scientific literature, in fact, the appropriate use of collagen would have proved useful in:
- Reduce skin dryness, the depth of skin furrows and nasolabial wrinkles by increasing the skin density of this protein, in only 60 days of supplementation;
- Improves skin hydration in only 12 weeks of treatment;
- Reduce the local expression of proteolytic enzymes, such as metalloproteinases, whose expression is induced by inflammatory stimuli and whose activity is responsible for the appearance of wrinkles and skin furrows;
- Improving skin turgor and dermal quality in elderly patients with advanced skin aging;
- Increase intradermal collagen density, optimizing the normal protein turnover of the dermis and thus preserving the histological and functional characteristics of the dermis;
- Protect the skin from the damaging action of UVB rays, thus preventing the risk of epidermal cell hyperplasia and possible pathological complications;
- Improve the functionality of the cutaneous microcirculation, thus optimizing the trophic aspect of the dermis and epidermis, while eliminating possible toxic substances.
The proper use of collagen-based supplements, therefore, would appear to contribute to maintaining healthy and qualitatively appreciable skin.
Therefore, the use of these supplements should be taken seriously, especially by those who, because of their profession or lifestyle, are in constant contact with potentially dermo-harmful factors, or by those who indulge, without judgment, in the pleasures of the table and the use of voluptuous substances such as alcohol and tobacco.
For the same reason, to optimize their effectiveness, the use of collagen supplements must take place in a broader context, characterized by an appropriate lifestyle, a healthy and balanced diet, proper hydration and adequate exposure to ultraviolet rays.