Cranial sacral massage for migraineHeadache is a painful condition that affects most people at least once in their life. It is a pain located in the temples, but variable in intensity and position. Some people may experience a more severe and debilitating form of headache: migraine. According to the International Headache Society (IHS), you get migraines if:
- The crisis lasts between 4 and 72 hours.
- The pain is aggravated by light and noise.
- Pain located on one side of the head
- Debilitating to the point of preventing the normal course of daily actions.The pain is aggravated by physical exertion (getting up, climbing stairs, bending over, etc.) The causes of headaches can be multiple: overexertion, incorrect nutrition, disorders of the autonomic nervous system, etc. One of the main regulators of the parasympathetic system is the vagus nerve that begins in the head (brainstem) and goes to innervate many organs, including the heart, lungs, esophagus, stomach and part of the intestine. Therefore, if there is a digestive problem, a slow and lazy intestine, an emotional problem, an anger, the vagus nerve becomes irritated and this irritation reaches its root, triggering a headache with possible nausea and dizziness. To prevent headaches, it would be necessary to slow down the fast pace of our life. On the one hand, find calm and stillness that allow the nervous system to be rebalanced. On the other hand, avoid foods rich in fats and sugars, reduce caffeine, alcohol, smoking and especially mood swings such as anger and severe stress.
How cranial sacral massage can help us among the best treatments for migraineThe Cranial Sacral massage is a holistic massage technique that involves a very light touch of the operator on the cranial bones and the spine, in search of a “contact” with the cranial sacral rhythm.
Intervening in the cranial-sacral movement, or in the rhythmic fluctuation of the cerebrospinal fluid, means undertaking a process that involves the entire organism, promoting well-being.
Sacral Skull Massage: the solution to headaches!Cranial-Sacral massage can bring multiple benefits; From a simple anti-stress treatment, you can rebalance posture, muscles, gastrointestinal system and improve breathing. Therefore, it has proven effective in many cases in treating sciatica, back pain, birth trauma, whiplash, migraines, headaches, scoliosis, dizziness, and jaw joint problems. It is basically a type of manipulation that relieves compression of the bones of the head, the sacrum (a triangular bone in the lower back) and the spine. It is not invasive at all, as it is practiced by applying light pressure to the head, neck, and back to relieve stress and pain caused by compression. As a result, it can help treat a wide range of ailments. Cranial sacral therapy is based on the principle that by gently manipulating the bones of the skull, spine and pelvis, the flow of cerebrospinal fluid in the central nervous system, that is, the fluid that surrounds the brain, can be normalized. and the spinal cord. This technique is able to remove the “blockages” caused by various “traumas” of the normal flow, improving the body’s ability to heal from pain and various dysfunctions. In fact, the cranial sacral system is connected to the musculoskeletal system through the vascular system and the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. Trauma, wherever it occurs in the body, can actually affect this system, limiting normal movements and inhibiting the flow of cerebrospinal fluid. The normal “organ rhythm” is believed to be disrupted by all types of trauma, including:
- during the birth
- childhood injuries
- repetitive motion injuries
- car accidents
- fall accidents
- stressful events